Speakers Announced for EngenuitySC Ignite! 2010 Event To Celebrate Columbia’s Knowledge Economy
WHO: EngenuitySC Executive Board members Ignite presenters:
- Doreen Sullivan, president and owner of Post No Bills
- Judy Davis, executive vice president and chief legal officer of BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
- The Williams Sisters (Tiffanie, Twana, and Victoria), co-founders of DriveSafe and Smart Teens Drive Safe Foundation
- Jim Stritzinger, vice president of sales at Immedion
- Alexander Abrashkin, founder and chief executive officer of iTekka
- Larry Hembree, executive director of Nickelodeon Theater
- Steve Hall, president and chief executive officer of Duck Creek Technologies
- Kelly Truesdale, chief operating officer of SysEDA
- Ray Tanner, head coach of University of South Carolina baseball team
WHAT: EngenuitySC Ignite! 2010 will usher Columbia, SC, onto the world stage during Global Entrepreneurship Week 2010 in celebration of our community’s growing entrepreneurial ecosystem. This year marks EngenuitySC’s 7th year promoting the knowledge economy in Columbia, SC. EngenuitySC Ignite!, a knowledge economy conference, will showcase some of our region’s dynamic entrepreneurs from youth entrepreneurs, to homegrown rock star companies, to innovative “social entrepreneurs”. The program will feature nine high-impact presentations to celebrate how entrepreneurship and innovation are changing the landscape of our region. Senator Lindsey Graham will also be honored with EngenuitySC’s prestigious Vision Award. The event will take place in the newest hub for innovation and commercialization, the SCRA Columbia Innovation Center, located in the heart of Innovista. Before the event begins, attendees are invited to attend an Innovation Showcase presented by the University of South Carolina from 4:30-5:30p.m at the Innovation Center. The Innovation Showcase will feature two early stage USC technologies available for licensing, USC technologies that are already in the marketplace, and will highlight two significant licensing deals struck by the University Intellectual Property Office. Students from the Moore School’s Entrepreneurship Club and Joseph Keels Elementary, a school of entrepreneurial leadership in Richland 2, will be present during the Ignite cocktail hour starting at 5:30pm.
WHEN: Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Reception begins at 5:30pm followed by program at 6:15pm
WHERE: SCRA Columbia Innovation Center, 1000 Catawba Street, Columbia, SC 29201
WHY: EngenuitySC is an active public/private partnership that is extremely passionate about the Columbia region becoming a leader of the knowledge economy. Comprised of business and industry leaders, along with representatives from local government and academia, EngenuitySC strives to create a fertile business climate. EngenuitySC encourages entrepreneurship and facilitates the commercialization of ideas and technology. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased online at: www.engenuitysc.com/ignite. Tickets will also be sold at the door.