Carpe OPPORTUNITAS: Columbia Opportunity Resource Announces Annual Meeting and Call to Action
Carpe OPPORTUNITAS: COR Announces Annual Meeting and Call to Action
Columbia Opportunity Resource (COR) is hosting is 2012 annual meeting and call to action Tuesday, February 28 beginning at 6:12 p.m. at the Tapp's Arts Center on Main Street in downtown Columbia. COR’s goal is to motivate and activate young, talented professionals to invest in themselves and the community to help change the face of Columbia.
"Busy professionals want deeply to contribute to the community, but often don't know the best way to get started," said COR Board Chair Chakisse Newton. “COR is the answer. It provides simple steps that Columbians can take to become more involved, personally and professionally, and channels that energy into ongoing opportunities for people to make a difference."
COR will launch the campaign at its annual meeting Tuesday, February 28, beginning at 6:12 p.m. at the Tapp’s Arts Center on Main Street. The public is invited; admission is complimentary for COR members and $12 for non-members. Featured speakers include:
• Brian DeQuincey Newman, City of Columbia Councilman
• Seth Rose, Richland County Councilman
• JoAnn Turnquist, president & CEO, Central Carolina Community Foundation CEO
• Rania Jamison, owner/president of Purpose Promotions, LLC,
• Stefanie Caraviello, marketing director, Collins & Lacy, PC
The evening will also offer:
• Networking opportunities with like-minded young professionals, area business and non-profit organizations.
• Chance to learn about our community by visiting information tables.
• Knowledge and insight through informative speakers.
• Opportunities to get connected through leadership, service and fun by becoming involved in COR.
COR | Columbia Opportunity Resource connects young, talented professionals in the greater Columbia area to diverse and meaningful networks for leadership, service and fun.
=> Vibrant networks attract, retain and motivate talented people;
=> Motivated and talented people create exciting communities; and
=> Exciting communities continually renew their talent pool.
Our vision is an innovative, energized and successful Columbia community that attracts, inspires, develops and retains the best talent in the world.