InnoVenture Announces Keynote Speakers and Initial Presenters for 2012 Conference
Greenville, SC. – Jack Nobles, Principal Investigator and Design Engineer in Boeing's Research & Technology facility and Dr. Spence Taylor, Vice President for Academics and University Medical Group Executive Medical Director at Greenville Hospital System have been named as keynote speakers for the InnoVenture 2012 Conference May 8 and 9 at the TD Convention Center in Greenville, SC.
Focus areas for the 2012 event include:
- Health Innovations,
- Mobile Services,
- Materials and Manufacturing, and
- Sustainable Systems.
Orval M.”Jack” Nobles is a Principal Investigator and Design Engineer in Boeing's Research & Technology - Direct Digital Manufacturing division in St. Louis, Missouri. Boeing is supporting organizations and research and development projects throughout the world dedicated to advancing the
development of advanced technologies, and Mr. Nobles’ presentation will discuss three ways that Boeing is "Growing the Future" through research and development initiatives. Focus areas of the presentation are Biofuel, Aircraft Parts and Nano Solutions.
Dr. Taylor joined the Greenville Hospital System University Medical Center (GHS) in 1992. He was named Chairman of the Department of Surgery and Program Director in 1998. Over the past decade, the GHS Department of Surgery has experienced unprecedented growth and under his leadership the academic programs have flourished with the expansion of the general surgery residency, the addition of the state’s only vascular surgery residency, and development of a minimal access surgery fellowship and vascular medicine fellowship. The new medical school is but the tip of the iceberg of exciting changes ahead for GHS. Dr. Taylor's InnoVenture presentation will give attendees a special preview of what's to come and the opportunities these changes afford.
In addition to the keynote speakers, the initial opportunity presenters selected include the following:
- Kevin Ryan, Executive Vice President, CareCore National
- Aadli Abdul-Kareem, COO, Electronic Health Network
- Michael Bolick, President, Lab21 Ltd.
- Peter Joiner, President and CEO, Madeira Therapeutics
- Sue Levkoff, Endowed Chair, Senior Home, University of South Carolina
- Charles Bennett, Endowed Chair Medication Safety and Efficacy, University of South Carolina
- Anand Gramopadhye, Industrial Engineering Dept Chair, Clemson University
- Kim Bowman, CEO, Foundation for SC Governor’s School for Science & Math
- Shay Houser, CEO, Green Cloud Technologies
- Dirk Brown, Chairman & CEO, Pandoodle Corporation
- Karl McCollester, President & CEO, Voterheads.com
- Kevin Weir, Innovation-Advanced Reinforcements, Milliken & Company
- Mark Dumais, Senior Manager, Flextronics
- Steve Townes, President & CEO, Louis Berger Services, Inc.
- Tom Vogt, Assoc. VP for Research, University of South Carolina
“For years, the foundation of InnoVenture has been that there is an explosion of opportunity at the intersection of diverse organizations, cultures and disciplines,” said John Warner, CEO of InnoVenture, LLC. “We are excited that global thought leaders in the conference focus areas will join us to present opportunities that help them connect with the customers, capital, talent and technology they need to succeed.”
About InnoVenture 2012
The objective of the InnoVenture Conference is to discover high impact opportunities. In its ninth year, the InnoVenture Conference is built around high-impact opportunity conversations, which are a series of 8 minute, 10 slide presentations followed by a Conversation Cafe to explore how those in the audience can contribute and benefit. Opportunities are presented by leaders in major corporations, middle market companies, entrepreneurial businesses, and academic centers. The conference will be held at the TD Convention Center, in Greenville on May 8-9, 2012. InnoVenture anchors this year include Milliken, Sealed Air, the Southeastern Institute of Manufacturing and Technology, CareCore National, Nexsen Pruet, SC Launch and the University of South Carolina IP Office. Additional information can be found at http://www.innoventure.com or by contacting Butler Mullins at 864-444-0969.