InnoVenture 2013: Current update on stacked agenda of presenters and panelists at May conference
InnoVenture 2013 announces additional presenters and panelists organized into four focus areas at the 10th annual InnoVenture 2013 Conference in Greenville on May 8 and 9, 2013. These presentations are in addition to the five featured presentations previously announced. Registration and additional information is available at InnoVentureConference.com. The registration fee is $299.
USCVentures.InnoVenture.com is the most active university network, with 34 big ideas followed by 138 people with needed expertise and resources. Ideas range from Master of Health Information Technology at USC, an academic center looking for industry partners, to Voterheads, an entrepreneurial company looking for web developers and customers. The network allows its manager, Raghav Badiger who is Programs Director of CETi - USCStartup, to cross pollenate the university’s relationships and grow the ecosystem of expertise and resources that can help the entrepreneurial community succeed.
ClemsonUniversity.InnoVenture.com has 25 big ideas followed by 180 people, from Deep Orange at CU-ICAR to VU Room, an entrepreneurial company empowering educational excellence in the classroom and at home.
CharlotteVentureChallenge.InnoVenture.com has 23 big ideas focused on entrepreneurial companies around the university.
InnoMobility.InnoVenture.comm 49 big ideas from around the world focused on the global transformation of mobility.
“Light” Manufacturing will be presented by John Ballato, Director of the Clemson University Center for Optical Materials Science and Engineering Technologies (COMSET), to develop and commercialize industrial applications for lasers and other optics technologies. The objective is to make the “Light” Manufacturing collaboration the US leader in lasers/optics for manufacturing.
“Aerospace Industry” will be presented by Bill McLendon, President & CEO of PEROT Aerospace LLC, focused on investing capital and expertise in the growing number of aerospace-related companies in the Southeast USA. Perot Aerospace is actively seeking growth investments in excellent aerospace companies in this region. Other aerospace leaders will also be featured, as this industry sector has become such a growing force in the Southeastern USA.
Infrastructure Rehabilitation will be presented by Jeff Strahan, Research Chemist at Milliken & Company, featuring products designed for the rehabilitation of civic and transportation infrastructure. Among the innovative products highlighted will be Concrete Cloth.
GreenVillages will be presented by Fred Payne, Greenville County Councilman, to develop and commercialize livable, connected, sustainable, multi-modal transportation innovations. GreenVillages has potential partners across the country around the world who would like to first provide innovative solutions for Greenville County, and then to commercialize those solutions across the country and globally.
Crowdfunding will be presented by Mark Knight, an securities attorney with Nexsen Pruet, focused on developing a network of partners to benefit from the crowdfunding provisions of the recently enacted JOBS Act, which is a game changer for entrepreneurial companies seeking to raise capital.
Presenters and Panelists
- Bill McLendon, President & CEO, PEROT Aerospace LLC – featured presenter
- Issac White, Engineering Manager, Stevens Aviation, Inc.
- Charlie Farrell, Director, SC Department of Commerce Aerospace Task Force
- Steve Townes, President and CEO, Louis Berger Services, Inc.
- Sam Havelock, CEO, Federated Precision Inc.
- Jim Stike, Founder, MIT-RCF
- Jody Bryson, President & CEO,South Carolina Technology and Aviation Center
- Jeff Strahan, Research Chemist, Milliken & Co – featured presenter
- Yoav Silber, Regional Director, Clariter
- Mohamed El Batanouny, Postdoctoral Fellow Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of South Carolina
- Marek Urban, J.E. Sirrine Foundation Endowed Chair and Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Clemson University
- Tom Iseley, Director, Construction Engineering Management Technology, Purdue University
- Sami Rizkalla, Dist. Professor of Civil Engineering, NC State University
- Kevin Weir, Innovation and New Business Development, Milliken & Co
- Murray Dodd, P.E., COO, Greenville Watero
- Alec Wasner, Clemson Engineers for Developing Countries, Clemson Universityo
- George Fletcher, Executive Director, New Carolinao
- John Ballato, Professor, Clemson University – featured presenter
- Jerome Foster, CEO, Emerald Endeavors
- Sam Blackman, Special Business Solutions, Flextronics
- Stefan Bude, President and CEO, Draexlmaier Automotive
- Lewis Gossett, President/CEO, SC Manufacturing Association
- Ben Klosowski, IP Attorney, Turner Padget Graham & Laney
- Bethany Acampora, Technology Commercialization Officer, CURF
- Brad Hendrix, VP AFL Telecommunications
- Chad Henry, Robotics Manager, Staubli
- Duane Dinkel, CEO OpTek Systems
- Jack Roach, Director, SiMT
- Fred Payne, Greenville County Council – featured presenter
- Peter Muller, President, PRT Consulting
- Intelligent Transportation & Mobile Services
- David B. Clarke, Ph.D., P.E., Director, Center for Transportation Research
- David Clarke, Director, Center for Transportation Research
- Fred Payne, Greenville County Council Member, District 28
- Jochen Lauterbach, Professor & Smartstate Chair University of South Carolina
- Lisa Bollinger, Senior Planner Spartanburg Area Transportation Study (SPATS)
- Mike Lester, CEO, Taxi 2000
- Nicholas Robinson, Designer, Cottingham, United Kingdom
- Peter Muller, President, PRT Consulting
- Scott Kolber,COO, Roadify
- Mark Knight, Nexsen Pruet, LLC – featured presenter
- Dirk Brown, Director, Faber Entrepreneurship Center at the University of South Carolina
- Albin Bajramovic, Co-Founder and CEO, CrowdEndowed
- Peter Barth, Managing Director, The Iron Yard
- Stanfield Gray, Executive Producer, Dig South
- Dan Ciprari, Entrepreneur In Residence, Advanced Technology Development Center
- Terry Cox, President & CEO, Business Innovation & Growth
- Bret Bergman, Entrepreneur In Residence, Advanced Technology Development Center
- Devin Collins, Entrepreneurial Development, Charlotte Research Institute- UNCh
- Gregory Pickett, Professor and Chair, Marketing at Clemson Universityh
- Greg Hilton, Director for CETi – USC’s Startup Resource Center, Co-Founder – Rolling Rock Investments, Community Activist
- Zachary Eikenberry, Planning Coordinator, Next High Schoolh
- Michael Randall, Chief Economic Development Officer, Health Sciences SC
- Bill Mahoney, CEO, SCRA